The singing Tibetan bowls have their origin in Tibet. The Tibetan monks were the secret users of these bowls.
There is proof that vibration and sound of singing Tibetan bowls has an impact on our mind and body. The sound of these bowls calms and relaxes body and mind to allow one to focus deeper within himself. This is especially accomplished by massaging the body using the vibration and sound of these bowls.
Singing Tibetan bowls are made in India and Nepal. They are normally made from 3 or 5 metals. But some of those bowls are made of seven metals. This is especially the ones of high quality. Since every bowl is handmade individually, none of them is the same as the other.
Below are some things that you ought to follow to purchase singing Tibetan bowls.
1. Give yourself enough time to examine the bowls and find one that you like. Singing Tibetan bowls are also referred to as healing bowls are utilized to heal your body and mind. It’s also utilized to help in meditation.
2. If you’re in a shop, you can test the bowl’s sound by striking it with a stick. Singing Tibetan bowls are played using a thick wooden stick with one end is covered with soft leather. You can either hit a bowl or rub its edge with the striker so as to produce ringing, resonant tones which makes the bowl vibrate for some time. Once struck, its sound ought to resonate and continue for several minutes with various layers of tones. The note should also be heavy and rich. When choosing, the bowl’s sound should touch your heart and impress you.
3. If you’re purchasing online, check if the site contains sound clips of these bowls available for sale. All great stores should have those sound clips. Additionally, the best stores also give you samples to check the quality.
4. The smaller the bowl, the higher the pitch of the sound and the bigger the bowl, the lower and heavier is the pitch. You should choose one with the pitch of the sound you like.
5. Another factor to consider is the materials used to make the bowls. General types are made with a mix of two or five metals but very special are made with a blend of 7 metals. You can just tell the difference in the richness of their sound and vibration.
6. Lastly, you should not overlook if the bowl is handmade or machine made. You need to go for ones that are handmade. That is the beauty of these singing bowls since all the handmade bowls are unique and special. Machine made singing bowls are simply duplicates. The quality of vibration and sound is low in comparison to the hand-hammered singing Tibetan bowls.