To ensure children are encouraged to play outdoor games it is important to make them comfortable. In addition to providing playing equipment, it is also important to provide them a protected and cozy space that allows them to play in different weather conditions without being subject to extreme heat or wind. For this reason, the quality shade structures in Melbourne are becoming mandatory in schools. The benefits of these shades are overwhelming. There are different types of shade structure available in the market which can be customized to ideally match the need of the playground arrangements.
Types of playground shades
- Play structure cover: These are available in different shapes like square, rectangle, and hexagon and cover the entire play structure. You can choose from different sizes and shapes offered in the market to find the best suitable shade structure for your play environment.
- Integrated shade: These shades are modular. They are usually installed after the playground is set up. Different modules are integrated to form a canopy-like structure to cover your play area using the support of the post of the playground.
- Swing set canopy: This is the most sought shade type for schools, child development centers, and parks. There is not a playing area for kids who do not have swings. These are specifically designed to cover a swing set. Many variations are available, some of which also include protection from UV rays.
- Independent play area: These shades are used to cover smaller areas like free-stand climbing, musical gardens, etc. Instead of being in specific geometry shapes, these are more often in an umbrella shape. They can be installed with only one post and do not need any additional support.
- Bench canopy: Every playground has a bench along with playing equipment. These canopies are designed to cover and protect the benches. They are suitable for both in-ground and surface-mounted benches.
Benefits of playground shades
- Longer outdoor time: By protecting children from the scorching sun, their playtime outside can be increased significantly. They do not need to rush inside for relaxing and can continue playing with no interruption.
- Cooler equipment: The shades can reduce the temperature under protected area as much as 20 degrees. This is beneficial in keeping the equipment cooler and save children from any injury that might have occurred by touching heated equipment.
- Longer equipment life: Shade structures also help in boosting the life of playing equipment. The equipment may lose their color or crack due to prolonged exposure to the sun. The cracking and warping of plastic equipment due to heat can also be a threat to the health and safety of children.
- Protection from UV rays: The harmful effect of UV rays is often talked about and is increasing with time. Many diseases and ailments are caused by these rays, especially in kids. These diseases and ailments are more a matter of concern as they can interrupt the growth of children or can even cause considerable health damage to them. Shade structures protect from these rays. Nowadays, shades are being designed with exclusive UV protection properties.